Friday 20 January 2017

Practice - Week 14

My weaving (monofilament, mohair, paper yarn)

I combined the 3D monofilament spiral technique with alternating yarns to develop my work further. I incorporated black mohair and white paper yarn, which created subtle texture, resulting in a refined sample that was successfully resolved.

My photograph, my drawing (foiling) & my weave (foiled)

I also wanted to refine my foiling technique further. I developed this by incorporating it in my drawing, then extending it to my woven samples. The textures I achieved with this technique reflected my photographs of lights appropriately.

My drawing (foiling) & weave (pixelated light photograph)

I extended my focus on pixelated lights, attempting to recreate the pixels with foiling. My explorative drawings allowed me to develop a successful composition. This also linked to my previous photography of pixelating the lights reflecting in my glittery weaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment