Friday 3 February 2017

Practice - Week 16

I revisited my Hand & Lock competition, focusing on hand embroidery techniques instead. I was inspired by previous winner Devi Vallabhaneni, who created a 3D beadwork installation. 

Devi Vallabhaneni

I created a fabric manipulated brooch, influenced by Vanities: incorporating floral inspiration in response to the 'celebrations' brief. My colours gradually fade from bright pinks and yellows to symbolise how life and death is celebrated. I incorporated beadwork and wire to strengthen my reasons for choosing the hand-embroidery category.

Board submission for Hand & Lock Competition

I think my concept was strong, however, I struggled to create a successful final piece because I did not leave myself enough time to develop my work. I was too ambitious with my time, and failed to organise this live project.

No comments:

Post a Comment