Friday 21 October 2016

Practice - Week 4

I focused on improving my crochet chains by utilising my colour proportion swatches extracted from my floral photographs. This resulted in an abstract interpretation of my colour, whilst retaining the floral essence created by my crochet patterns.

Colour research & crochet chain

I developed my crochet chains further by attaching fabric to the edge, creating a developed form. This sheer, lightweight fabric successfully captured the essence of the delicate petals, whilst the crocheted mercerised cotton emulated the structure of the flower's centre.

Colour proportion, crochet chains with fabric

I found creating my presentation helpful for reflecting on my direction. I presented these structures, where I gained useful feedback. I was advised to discard my wire structure samples, as they were too literal, and to instead focus on passementerie structures involving crochet, weave and fabric. This was reassuring feedback, and I agreed that these structures were more sophisticated and offered more potential. I think combining these elements will be interesting and provide a structure for my own working process.

No comments:

Post a Comment