Friday 7 October 2016

Practice - Week 2

My photograph with cornely chain sample

I interpreted my floral forms with a variety of embroidery techniques to become accustomed to the machines. The cornely machine is fast-paced and creates a robust quality, resulting in an interesting abstract interpretation of the forms.

My photograph with embellisher sample

The embellishing machine puckered the fabric to create movement in the surface, resembling petals. The machine is easy to control, so the result is sensitive, and a technique I aim to take further. 

My drawing with hand-stitch sample

I used simple stitches to recreate other floral forms, which provided more accuracy, but was less time-efficient. I crocheted a 3D form, which was unsuccessful in colour and lacking in structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment