Tuesday 28 March 2017

Unit X - Mid-Point Evaluation

I have learned a lot from my practice unit, which has changed my attitude towards my unit X project. I will refrain from being too ambitious regarding work load, and instead focus my energy into my weaving. This will ensure I am using my time to thoroughly develop and resolve my samples.

Time management plan

The digital designs that I have produced are time efficient, because they will enrich my weaving compositionally, whilst also allowing me to participate in an outward facing project. I aim to produce a collection of digitally printed designs on fabric to enter into the 'Limitless' brief by i-Dott.

My digital drawing designs

I am focusing on my strengths of using unconventional yarns and combining crochet elements. Instead of surface embellishment, I am embellishing the weave from within the structure. This will push the boundaries of my weaving, challenging what is practical, whilst providing me with a structured format to work with.

Lily Tennant

I aim to produce a collection of meter long passementerie weaves, inspired by Rebecca Louise Law's installation consisting of mass amounts of long floral forms hanging from supports. I intended for my weaves to become jewellery or fashion pieces, however, it was suggested that I display my work on bobbins, because it is more practical, similar to how Lily Tennant presents her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment