Friday 17 March 2017

Unit X - Week 4

I noticed the quality of my weaves improved with the black warp, as they had the dramatic aesthetic that I desired. The varying yarns have resulted in obscure and abstract interpretations of my inspirational images, whilst remaining true in terms of colour and surface texture.

Inspirational photo, my drawing, my weaving (beads & cord)

I developed my drawings in Photoshop to create compositions to help me visualise the structure of my weaves. My compositional skills have improved and strengthened my direction. I noticed they capture a quality of Alexander McQueen's printed fabrics.


Alexander McQueen garment

I would like to create a series of digital fabric prints, using these designs to create a collection for the 'Limitless' brief from the i-Dott competition. This will be an efficient use of my time, because the designs can help enrich my project by informing my weaves, whilst allowing me to engage in outward facing activity.

My digital drawing designs

No comments:

Post a Comment