Friday 4 November 2016

Practice - Week 6

With each weave, I noticed improvement as my techniques became more refined. I also started to obtain a vision of my context: to produce neck pieces. The space between the two woven structures could offer an unusual element to my fashion pieces.

Embellished weave

I created floral forms that embellished the surface of my weave, which I placed in a repetitive format to create a sense of order. This was a contrast to the opposite side which was an entanglement of embellished yarns to emulate flower buds. However, the cornely moss technique created a more refined result. I also experimented by incorporating fabrics and chains of crochet. I attached sheer, lightweight fabric to the edge to create a ruffle, puckered with the embellisher. This developed my neckpiece to encapsulate the body.

The weave was modelled as a neckpiece, but the result I achieved was not what I desired. The nature of the weave was not appropriate for that surface of the body: the structure was incompatible, because I did not consider the width of the shoulders and shape of the neck.


Unsuccessful modelling weave as neck piece

No comments:

Post a Comment