Friday 11 November 2016

Practice - Week 7

I was satisfied with my white floral samples, and decided to explore something more colourful. I focused on a different flower, dissecting the two tones of pink of the petal. This translated well within my weaving and created a distinct two-tone effect. The wool I originally used was unsuccessful, because it failed to capture the quality and elegance like the mercerised cotton did.

My weaving

I created crochet chains in response to the remaining colours of the flower. The centre of the flower was translated with yellow French knots to capture the rich texture. I altered the placement of my weaving on the body, as the structure makes it more suitable as a decorative cuff.

Embroidered weave modelled as cuff

I reflected on my aims and divided my time for the remainder of this unit in conjunction with my proposal. I aim to finish my first self-initiated project, enter two outward facing projects, participate in a bridal studio work placement and produce a darker second self-initiated project in relation to the commencing winter month, inspired by Alexander McQueen.

Time management plan

I discussed my proposed schedule with my tutor about my outward facing projects. I was advised to participate in work experience for one week, so that I learn essential skills within a reasonable time-frame. I was also advised to extend my time frame for my Hand & Lock project, to ensure I spend enough time developing a final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment