Friday 18 November 2016

Practice - Week 8

During my group tutorial somebody noticed my work resembled bridal garters. Due to the nature of my woven samples, Stephy Ann lingerie was suggested as a contextual reference.

Stephy Ann Bridal Garter - Context

I identified my subtle colour blending as a strength in my weaving. However, my peach rose inspired weaves are less successful than my previous weaves, because the wool weft shrunk when I washed them.

Modelling weave as garter

I photographed my weaves in the garter context, which is an improvement to my previous placements and showcased my weaves to their full potential.

Board submission for Bradford Textiles Competition

I produced a woven sample to enter the Bradford Textiles Competition, which focuses on embellishment within the weaving, with use of textured yarns, to comply with the  woven requirements of the brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment